Friday 3 October 2014

Boots Makeup Haul!

Hello Everyone!

So today after I finished work I popped up to my local shopping centre to top up on my cosmetics as I'm getting a little low on a couple of things! I thought I'd give a couple of different products a try, they were on offer so I didn't mind spending money on these items.


The items that I bought were:
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in 128 Starry eyed -£4.99
Maybelline Colorsensational Lip liner in 338 Midnight Plum - £3.99
Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown - £2.99
Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara - £7.99 
(I got this product free as I spent £10 on Rimmel London Products!)
Rimmel London - Exaggerate Eye Liner - £5.29


I got this item for free as I had already spent £10 on Rimmel London products so I thought I'd give it a whirl! The brush itself is very thin, which is not what I'm used to as I usually use thicker brushes for mascara. I haven't tried this out as of yet but when I do I'll be giving it a review on here!

I spend forever in Boots trying to find the perfect eyeliner for me, I really dislike eyeliner pens as I feel that they smudge way too easily when I apply them and I don't like how they feel when applying. It also takes me forever trying to find an eyeliner with a thick applicator. There are so many liquid eyeliners that have tiny thin brushes, it's the opposite of what I want from an eyeliner as I love having bold eyes. I spotted this one just as I was about to give up. Its quite a thick brush and its easy to apply. I feel that this gives ample coverage when applying and is very thick. It doesn't feel like it will dry out easily either unlike other brands.


Now this is a new one for me, I've never used an eyebrow pencil before, I have always used wax and/or powder for my brows. I thought I'd give this a go as I've heard from other bloggers that pencils are good to use and they don't make your brows look 'painted on' (not that they look painted on anyway but you know what I mean!) I want my eyebrows to look fuller without looking completely fake so I'm giving this a go for a little while and will be giving another review about this product.











I've also never tried lip pencils either! (Wow there's a few firsts in this post) As it's coming up to Autumn and Winter I've found myself buying more and more darker lipsticks so I felt that the time had come for me to invest one of these. I've chosen the colour 338 midnight plum because it is a darker red and with me buying more dark colours it's only logical that I would buy a lip liner in this shade. I found this surprisingly easy to apply (why i thought it would be difficult is beyond me but hey ho!) and it gives a bold line. This is definitely going to turn into a makeup bag staple item for me!

Last but not least here is my most recent lipstick purchase! I'm turning to 'the dark side' when it comes to lipsticks, I feel that the darker colours are definitely making me look more 'vampy'. I kind of like it and I'm starting to alter my eye make up to match the way my lipstick makes me look. This lipstick is very smooth to apply, it's a shine lipstick so don't expect to get a thick matte look from this product. I'm in love with this colour and will definitely be using this on a daily basis!




Here is me wearing the Eyeliner, Lip liner and lipstick, you can't really see my eyebrows in this but I'll be doing a review on some of the other items soon!

What have you purchased recently?
Have you tried any of these items? 
Please send me your thoughts!

Sophie


X

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com