Saturday 25 October 2014

Découpage shoes

Hello Everyone!

I haven't actually posted about this on here yet, but earlier this year I tried out Découpage. I found it easy to do and got very, very creative with it. So much so, that I've actually started doing them for my friends. 

I started by using old pairs of heels from charity shops, I found quite a lot of pairs of shoes with hardly any wear on the soles/heel. I would take these home and cut out images from wrapping paper and stick them on with PVA glue. 


These, above, are my babies. The first pair of Découpage shoes I ever created. These wear just a pair of gold heels from New Look that I only wore once, now I wear these a lot more. I love the butterflies that I created on the front of the shoes. To think that these were made from wrapping paper and glue! I'm so pleased with these, definitely my favourite pair.

The below photos of shoes are pairs that I have created for my friends and for my mom. 















The pair above are the ones that I'm currently working on.

I'm actually tempted to turn this into a little business for myself as I've had a couple more people ask me to do them a pair. To add more to this I'm doing a dressmaking class next year to dip my hands into that craft, as I really want to create my own clothes.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this project, any ideas for me? Please throw them at me!


Sophie


x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com