Sunday 9 November 2014

Florida Blues

Hello Everyone! Apologies this is going to be a long one!

Last year my boyfriend told me on my 21st Birthday (last year) that we would be going to Florida. Now, for someone like me who is a massive Disney fan this was the best surprise ever. I actually ended up crying. I'd never been to America before and to be going to Walt Disney World was one of my ultimate dream holidays.
My 21st was in April 2013, we booked the holiday that July for the following March. We had been together less than a year when we booked this holiday and I think a few people were a little bit sceptical about the idea. However, we've nearly been together two years now and happy as ever. 

I thought I'd share with you guys a few of my favourite snaps from our time over there this year.

We caught a Virgin Atlantic flight from Manchester Airport to Orlando International on the 25th March. My boyfriend and I caught a coach from Birmingham up to Manchester, for two people who don't know Manchester or the airport we actually did quite well. We managed to get there quite early so breakfast was needed before boarding! 

The size of the plane actually made me quite nervous for the flight. The furthest I had flown was to southern Spain! So it was quite scary going from a 3 hour flight to almost 9 hours!

When we booked the holiday we decided not to spend loads of money on the hotel as the only time we were in there was to sleep. So we only needed a base, this saved us a lot of money! We stayed at The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. It was in a great central location in the middle of all the theme parks which was perfect for us as we relied on public transport to get around. The room we had was pretty large and had everything we needed. I couldn't fault the hotel it was perfect for what we needed.
 
Right photo is the view from the balcony outside our room. It was so beautiful at night.


Before you ask.Yes, I got a fluffy unicorn :) it now lives on my bed and is still ridiculously fluffy!
After a long day at Universal we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. It was amazing and incredible to see all the memorabilia in the restaurant. The food we had was so yummy and the drinks were delicious!
 















I spent my 22nd birthday in Walt Disneys Magic Kingdom, I was the world's happiest girl. I don't think people realise how much this place means to me. I would be so happy living in Disney World I've even looked into applying for jobs in the parks. Definitely think this was one of the best days in my life so far. Spending my birthday in disney with my boyfriend. 





It was an amazing holiday, I have over 2000 photos on my laptop of it which I need to print out and put in an album. I can't wait for our next holiday, we've decided that next year we will have a couple of short breaks and then we'll go somewhere really good in 2016. I can't wait!

Sophie


x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com